PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:15
mmeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is worrying times.. I am not sure what this is supposed to achieve? What do the the campaigners want to gain from these documents being made public? What is the benefit to the airport - I just cant see what it would be but I thought the Save Teesside Airport campaign was to save the airport - I can't see how that is going to be achieved by this - Is this how they are expecting the Mayor gets the airport - Peel being made to sell it back? How would that happen?

Talking about the Save Teesside Airport group on Facebook - wasn't that set up by someone who had a run in with Peel over the wind turbines at the Riverside?

Do we know for certain that the new flights are not happening for Summer 19? If that is the case and that is due to the Mayor not agreeing to the £500,000, then that is playing politics with the airport - What will happen to the £500,000 where else will it be spent? I won't see any difference in my pocket, but I might have been able to fly from here for my holiday..