PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minister calls for ga consensus on change to act
Old 3rd May 2018, 13:34
Clare Prop

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts
Wren, I couldn't even get a caveat on my building to say it was mine. When my sub-lease expires it will have no value as the chances of the lessees letting me sell the building and assign the lease on the land to someone else, rather than them just grabbing it for themselves without compensation (or making me demolish it at my own cost) are nil. The patch of land will be used for some non aviation activity or other as they have already set the precedent of a fait accompli of changing the land use from "aviation" to "commercial" without any of the consultation process being followed while the aforementioned minister was in charge.

And when it comes to security of tenure, by appearing on the front page of the Sunday Times in hard hats saying they were the "new owners" and were going to close the airport meant that there was a risk for any finance company to lend to a Jandakot business for a long time afterwards, a tactic to make things even harder for the tenants. They tried to force me into signing a five year lease rather than assign me the existing 23 year one. It took a very expensive lawyer to achieve what should have been a straightforward lease assignment.

I could write a book about the "relocation" era and have a great deal of evidence which I would happily produce if there was ever an investigation into how the Airports Act was allowed to benefit developers at the expense of the existing tenants and the industry.

This is the kind of thing that has put GA into a decline.

No point "fixing" CASA if we don't have an affordable infrastructure to operate in.