PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:56
Geriaviator

Received 241 Likes on 75 Posts
Thanks to MPN11 for his excellent and informative blog on the treatment of prostate cancer, one of the many illnesses that were never discussed in our younger days. As my 77th approaches next month, all my body bits have shrunk except this badly designed component which has become grossly enlarged, though fortunately benign so far. This enlargement restricts the surrounding plumbing, resulting in frequent visits.

Most of us have learned that three times a night when you're 25 means something quite different when you turn 75. (The nice thing is that you forget what was different.) Men can be placed on medication to relax the bladder muscles and make life more comfortable, although one side effect for me is a dripping nose, of course much easier to manage than the previous leaks at lower level.

Joking apart, let's all be more aware, and whether you're aviator or penguin, ex-Service or civvy like myself, please don't ignore problems when you pee (or try to). Help is there for the asking. Our best wishes to MPN11 for his continued recovery.