PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minister calls for ga consensus on change to act
Old 3rd May 2018, 03:06
Clare Prop

Received 223 Likes on 100 Posts
The damage is done, but if any minister gave a toss about aviation they could start by proving it by not allowing any further destruction to the airports, such as listening to the tenants, actually reading submissions about master plans and not just waving them through.

I have been involved in a battle for several years over flood damage to my premises, the insurance company said it was the direct responsibility of the head lease holders for allowing storm water to enter my lease from outside due to inadequate maintenance of the airport site (section 9.2 of their lease, IIRC). The leaseholders admitted liability by finally putting in a functioning drain when the environmental audit gave them no choice but all correspondence regarding replacing the damaged paving and carpets is just ignored since the one where they said it was "my fault" for my building being put in the wrong place (it was the first one in that area and it is subsequent developments and their bitumen areas that caused my crossover to become a torrent). I can't afford to fix it and they know that, I can't be doing with the sheer nastiness and can't afford a lawyer, I shouldn't need one just to get them to comply with the lease and fix the damage they are responsible for. This is the sort of crap we have to put up with all the time. I don't think a lot of people realise the hostility we are up against just to have a lease.

Sorry to be cynical but it's true, there will be a few people with vested interests who will hijack anything like this. Look at some of the "experts" the Meeja run to for a soundbite and expect more of the same.