PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2018, 15:42
tigertanaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N707ZS
Hot news..... nice new carpet in the terminal!
Just to say that yesterday, I used the airport for the first time in a couple of months. Despite the automatic front doors still not fully working (or the alternate left/right doors switched off to keep the heat in the building?), I would say that the airport is looking really good at the moment. The check in area is modern and clean, there is a screen covering the entrance to the security screening area and the departure waiting area has been fully redecorated including new furniture.

The newly refurbished lounge now has some hot breakfast food (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs) and now offers a range of spirits which I do not remember seeing before either.

Slight delay on departure caused by weather at Amsterdam but the staff kept everyone fully informed of what was going on.

A small airport like MME has to play to it's strengths. Turning up 45 minutes before departure, quick security and a decent lounge are the things that matter to me when I am travelling on business. Holiday flights are of course something else but my experience yesterday was very positive.