PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to the US - which airline?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 23:18
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
As always it depends upon your idea of 'service' and what you consider to be 'good food' and 'attitude'?

For example, I reckon that being left alone for most of the time is good and that any food containing spice or pasta means that I will spend the flight asking for spare bread rolls!! Food that is simple and hot and a reasonable quantity of meat and veg that I can identify is good!

Not to mention that you have not mentioned which cabin you can afford to travel in?

I am biased also, VS has been my first choice in long haul for the 17 years that I have been using them and I would make them my first choice - irrespective of which cabin I was travelling in. (I've done them all on long haul. )

That said - I think that the two are neck and neck and only nit-picking between them. You will aways find someone who has had a bad experience on a carrier and for everyone who says, They Are Great another says, Don't Touch Them.

For money - my guess is that BA will be offering good prices as they are in the middle of an extensive campaign.

Let us know your choice and experience!