PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When are you allowed to put your hand back on thrust levers after V1?
Old 2nd May 2018, 11:20
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only time I had problem with the brakes was during my base flight. When I released the parking brake, the Ecam memo was still showing "Parking brake" and the triple indicator was also showing pressure but the handle was definitely set to off and the orange light on the nose gear was also still on. The ecam memo is always the reality but not the switches, at least from my experience and that's what I was told during my type rating. It's true tho in case of engine anti ice, you can't be sure it's on for both engines unless you look at the actual switches or the engines EPR/N1 limits discrepancy . Saying that, guys looking down at the flaps levers , or gears levers for instance to confirm the position are doing the check incorrectly. the correct flaps or gears setting is confirmed by looking at the ecam or the landing gear indicator lights only. Except during cockpit preparation to confirm the levers match the correct gears/flaps position.

Last edited by pineteam; 2nd May 2018 at 11:34. Reason: typo + one sentence