PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at LHR... A true story?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 23:03
Thrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upon passing through a UK regional airport recently, minus my Swiss Army knife and Leatherman that used to be in my nav bag, I was amazed to see guy in a flying suit being allowed through with one of those knives on his leg. He had lots of bages on so I could ascertain he was not a military pilot, but a Private Pilot who was wearing a flying suit. He was not even questioned about the knife.......

I queried this with the guard on duty and was informed that it was allowed as "It is part of his equipment".

Rubbish.

I would suggest my Swiss Army knife and Leatherman Tool are part of my kit, possibly to a greater extent than this guy's dagger.

What is going on?

In another incident, we had operated a flight from a Greek destination into LGW and then had to position on BA back to MAN. We therefore had to go landside to get our tickets. Upon going back airside, all the Flight Attentants had their corkscrews confiscated after a big furore. These girls had been up all night and I felt slightly sorry for the guard who'd wound them up and incurred the wrath of seven Scousers and Mancunians!

They still had to hand them over and buy new ones at their own expense.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++