PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - W10 - new features due soon.......
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2018, 09:54
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microsoft seem to have lost direction with windows 10.
I've just become a Windows 10 user at work and this statement is very true. I had these issues in the first two hours.
MS-Teams decided to update itself and crashed (with a Java error of all things) and incapacitated itself.
MS-Edge refused to allow me to close the browser when it was on a Sharepoint page.
When trying to set the colours I had to revert to high contrast mode to be able to chose colours. Then the text box field decided to stop letting me paste in my colour values.

A reboot and it all came good.

A recent issue I found with MS-Outlook is that the monthly calendar in mail mode doesn't highlight the days that have scheduled activity but if you switch to calendar mode the very same calendar does have them.

Thinking about why we now have even poorer quality software from Microsoft the answer is simple. Microsoft's best engineers are working on cloud components (their "future") which leaves the development of the legacy Microsoft components to the dregs including outsourcing the code development to those that cannot even afford a decent monitor like yours or mine.