PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B.W.P.A.
Thread: B.W.P.A.
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 22:54
Flyin'Dutch'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Penguina,

Some years ago I subbed my wife to BWPA and I enjoyed reading their magazine.

Unfortunately my wife then kept on getting pregnant so the piloting bit which I would be very keen for her to undertake has not materialised yet. She is going to do the Safety Pilot course as soon as the smallest (latest and last) bandit allows. Would be a shame for her not to be able to fly the machine to safety after I have my MI and leave those life insurance policies uncashed!

However one of my flying mateys is well landed and possesses the XX chromosomes and thinks very much along Charlie's lines.

I personally quite like clubs and having a meeting with likeminded people so can see the attraction. From what I remember they are quite happy for blokes to join in their meetings so nothing too nepotistic.

Why not give it a go? If you dont like it you can always unsub.

With regards to AOPA I see what you are saying. They together with BGA/PFA/BMAA and others represent us GA folk and fight our corner. Direct benefits are sometimes a bit difficult to discern but I would encourage anyone to join at least one of them so that our voice can be heard a bit stronger.

Ciao

FD

Last edited by Flyin'Dutch'; 2nd Oct 2003 at 01:43.