PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 20:43
Danny42C

MPN11 (#11988),

By all means do so (I think "old and Bold" knows about me already). Harry Talton and I were instructors together at Shawbury, I think our desks in the Common Room were back-to-back. Then when I was posted to Leeming in autumn 1967, he was my SATCO. Later he was posted away to higher things. Could give you the dates and the name of his successor if only I could find my Certificate of Competency. Must be somewhere!

Leeming Tower photo 1969 ? Certainly you have my "permission", but not necessary, I assure you. Would love to see it.

My renewed apologies for using your Christian name without permission on an Open Post long ago - a regrettable faux-pas still on my conscience.

Certainly no need to assemble your own "cold collation" - it will take you for ever and a day; I have 20,000 words of Volume II tucked away and have barely scratched the surface so far. When I have got up to 100,000, will parcel it off to my Editor, but it won't be this year. Best thing just to saunter through the Thread and enjoy (? ) it.

Dennis (aka "Danny42C).