PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at LHR... A true story?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 22:34
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Cant agree more regarding so called security at airports - morons. It seems that now the word is out not to carry small penknives, nailclippers etc, and passengers are complying so that they don’t get nicked from them, that security guards are coming up with even more weird ‘dangerous’ items (and I use that word with incredulity). I have recently been relieved of a micrometer whilst passing through Marseilles security…. Made of metal, yes, dangerous –how exactly? What am I going to do, threaten to measure someone to death!!!! The fact that I also had a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels duty Free in a plastic bag didn’t worry them…..

The latest one was in the good ‘ole US of A last month….. 2.5mm, 4mm & 5mm Allen keys approximately 5cm long taken…….tell me someone how I can injure/maim/kill someone with something so insignificant.…..

Regards, SD..

PS And if you are wondering why I carry the above (and a few other small items) in my briefcase with me around the world; Im an Engineer & trying to find certain metric tools in certain parts of the world is impossible, so I carry them.