PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Bucharest 02/09/2018 Why do you want to check runway end lights?!
Old 1st May 2018, 09:29
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
Curious. Normally this scenario would be prompted by a suspicion of a tail strike and followed up with a pressurisation check. If there was no pressurisation problem, and ATC confirmed there was no sign of any ground impact, I wonder what prompted the level off and decision to return. I know that "when there's doubt there is no doubt", but there must be more to this. I was surprised by the initial call to burn off 6000kgs = 2.5 hours, but later it seems that was 600kgs.
Regarding performance and getting close to the end: shades of the Canadian A320 in Ireland?? They did not increase thrust as the far end was coming up fast. I wonder what happened here.
If there was no damage to a/c or ground was there even an 'incident'? If not we never learn anymore, except from an insider. No incident, no IAA.
Maybe they used the QRH which told them not to pressurize the aircraft and land at the nearest suitable airport?