PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Vat ramp check on N reg
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 07:27
gordon field

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 30csl
Thanks all, it was imported in 1989, no paperwork of that happening remains just a vat invoice from the company we bought it out of. It has been into France a few times with no ramp check but I had heard they had stepped up the checks recently.
The customs officer doesn't know whether or not your aircraft was imported yesterday or nearly 30 years ago and as you cannot PROVE that VAT has been paid I suggest that you carry copies of documents that show that it has been in free circulation since 1989. These should be scans of entries showing flights into and around various countries. I would write and print a statement of the facts in chronological order that clearly illustrate that the authorities have had ample opportunity to identify and investigate and that nothing has been hidden, have the text translated not French and Spanish using an online source.

Keep copies in the aircraft docs in the aircraft.they will soon see that you have nothing to hide.

You could be faced by an over zealous young customs offer who is under training and the watchful eye of others.

Unless you are fluent in their language stick with English otherwise you lose the initiative. Be courteous at all timens as they are only doing their jobs. I hope this helps.