PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL Tower — Go Slow?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 04:20
neville_nobody

Received 138 Likes on 63 Posts
It might help if Australia stopped building airspace for 737's and 320's.
It isn't. It is built for light aircraft. Neither A320 or 737 fit into controlled airspace in at least half a dozen airports in this country. MEL being one of them.

Pretty ironic that criticisms of inefficiency are coming from jet airline pilots. Perhaps we could expand this discussion to include issues on the other side of the ledger that lead to the perception of gaps being missed, or ATC on a go slow.Could it be that inefficiencies in the movement of aircraft at ML may be contributed to by pilots and their actions, such as repeated failure to make feeder fix times or exit hold patterns in timely manner; inability fly STAR speeds; complete ignoring of speed control instructions; inability to follow taxi instructions; unwillingness to readback instructions resulting in repeated calls; answering other aircraft’s callsigns; “was that for us?”; complete non-understanding of the instruction to expedite line-ups, and that it is not an instruction to square turn onto the runway then stop; unwillingness to actually execute an immediate departure after committing to do so; utter non-understanding of the rules of wake turbulence; the list goes on….If you have issues with standards by which ATC are REQUIRED to adhere to, take it up with CASA.If you think you can do a better job, come and have a go. I’ll loan you my headset.
No sorry you have problems with your flow system. On more occasions than I can care to remember I have nailed the feeder fix time to the second only then to be sped up/ slowed down or cut in on finals.
The one I do not understand is where we have the time all programmed and get constantly harassed by ATC saying 'confirm you can meet time X' system shows time Y. And we change nothing and sail past the way point +/- 10 seconds.

The system does not work. Time to get a new system and probably some new rules as it won't be getting any quieter.

Last edited by neville_nobody; 1st May 2018 at 04:54.