PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight review for the night rating
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 00:49
Dick Smith

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts
Car RAMROD, whilst CASA fights tooth and nail to make sure the Act is not changed to consider both cost and safety, I believe the industry is doomed. I can’t yet see a stop to the one-way ratchet of increasing costs.

You may not know but their budget has gone from $90 million to $180 million in 16 years. Presumably this means more and more people writing more and more expensive regulations.

You have to understand that it is sort of a religious mantra “Safety is the most important consideration – clearly after cost – especially when GA is concerned.” So even though I will keep working on trying to get the Act changed and some sensible decisions made, my advice is in the meantime is to suggest that people desist from any commercial involvement with aviation unless they want to get their fingers badly burnt.

You only have to walk around Bankstown airport to see the number of businesses closed – many of them where the owners have lost everything.

Yes, they are biennials, every two years, but it appears the night review alone would not suffice as the simulated engine failures etc can’t be conducted at night. Yes, CASA says a single flight review can cover single engine class, night VFR and PIFR, but this could be done day into night.