PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight review for the night rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2018, 21:41
DynamicStall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by roundsounds

Absolutely crazy! The matter of the requirement to conduct a Flight review under a Part 141/142 certificate holder too is crazy. I hold a grade 1 instructor rating and I fly warbirds / vintage type aircraft. I have a constant stream of people asking me to complete their flight reviews, but under Part 61 I cannot conduct a Flight review in my own right if it includes any training. I won’t know if Training is required until I start the review. I can however take a pilot with a fresh PPL, endorse them in say a Harvard, incorporating tailwheel, retractable undercarriage, Manual pitch propellor design feature endorsements and issue them with aerobatic and formation endorsements all without holding any training certificates under part 141 or 142. However, if the same person fronts up in 2 years time and wants me to brush up their crosswind landing techniques I must do so under a training certificate holder! What a load of crap!
roundsounds, If someone wants to brush up their crosswind landing techniques with you, why can't you do this under 61.385 general competency? You can conduct 61.385 training outside of a 141/142 then conduct a flight review if they meet they then MOS competency requirements.