PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2018, 20:38
whoknows idont

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nigelh
I do think we are rather overstating the importance of how many people like the looks . The fact is there is no real alternative for anything near the money ......apart from Robinson , which I wouldn't even contemplate .
you are then left with old underpowered 120,s or 350 or 407 at vastly more money .
100% agreed. As stated before. I just had couldn't resist jumping on your remark about that unspeakable spread (which I still secretly suspect of being a mixture of coal tar, pulverized cockroaches and fermented engine oil).
I don't think I will ever be able to find the 505 pretty but it really is unimportant. If I was in the market for one, it certainly wouldn't matter to me.
The way it looks is certainly polarising. And who knows, maybe in the end this will prevent new and used market values from reaching unreasonable levels.
Btw, I really liked the roomy and uncluttered utility-style interior. Anyone who has ever removed and installed the interior lining in a 206 will certainly appreciate that. Very clean cockpit that I immediately felt at home in. All in all it appears to be a very nice helicopter and it this point I would be very suprised if it would flop.