PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8.33 Changes Help
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2018, 17:33
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everyone - glad that this is proving to be useful, and that it is appreciated.

BoeingBoy - thank you - I've updated the change date / status

Chevvron - I have read the NOTAM for Oxford, and I am still non-the-wiser... The NOTAM that I am reading has different dates to yours, conflicting information from the CAA pdf, and latest AIP on NATS and your statement, so I am a little in the dark! I have sent an email to OPS and they have already provided a definitive answer (which I will publish in the next couple of hours) in as clear and in-ambiguous form as I can.

2hotwot - Thank you very much for this, I'd like to apologise for the inaccuracy! I guess most people, like me are coming from the "put in this frequency" and don't really understand the difference between 25Khz and 8.33Khz apart from the fact that it relates to the channel spacing and enables more "things to put in the comms box" (which most call frequencies) to be available. I do appreciate your statement - and sorry about it - I will try to get it right in future!

CrazyScientist - well I have done some research and it looks like we are all in a state of confusion about some airfields, even the UK CAA's published CSV, their PDF, NATS' PDF, AIP and NOTAMS all seem to have conflicting information, let alone some of the airfield's websites too! Which is a bit of a pain to deal with. My aim is to update this weekly (or more), and if I have such an amazing community as we have here, and if people spot any mistakes or missing items - please do let me know - and I will update it!

GTE - I don't have a flyers account, and don't really want another forum to keep a track of - but please feel free to re-post it there if you like / can. This is aimed at all of us pilots, and as I said - I don't want anything in return, just trying to make it slightly easier for us all to fly / plan!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help and nice messages - please feel free to PM me any changes that I have missed, or post it here - I will try to keep a track of this post!

Best Wishes,
Alex90