PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Car hire insurance
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2018, 10:31
anxiao

Received 49 Likes on 10 Posts
A couple of months ago I got a letter from iCarhireinsurance which stated "your iCarhireinsurance Policy will not be automatically renewed". The reason stated was that I was not a resident of an EEC country. Shame, as I have used them for several years and they have been quick to respond.

For example earlier this year I rented a car from the Enterprise group at Geneva Airport. They represent Alamo, Enterprise and National car rental. On returning the car at GVA after a week I was charged 600 euros for a surface blemish on the paintwork. It would have taken any of us five minutes with a polish to bring it back to perfect. The icarhireinsurance people paid the 600 in full, but I cautioned both them and the hire company headquarters that I thought it was a money making scheme and in my opinion fraud and should be investigated.

I guess with car rental companies having to resort to such methods to stay in business the secondary insurers cannot make a business. So I am looking around for another company, as a HK resident with no North American credit card.

I shall look at never ready's suggestion, thanks.