PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Apr 2018, 09:14
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by another_avian
Hello guys,
I am a B737 first officer considering to apply Qatar Airways, I have some questions if you would answer I'd be happy.

1-What is like 777 and 787 rosters, (how many days off monthly, how many legs planned, average layover days in a month? ) trying to compare with emirates.
2-I think there has been a change in staff travel policies, is my wifes family (mother and father in laws) can get staff travel , or id90 travel tickets?
3- and do you know the location of the accomodation house given to first officers?

1) Don't fly the Boeing... so can't really comment.
2) Staff Travel for 'dependents' remains unchanged -the inclusions would include your spouse's Mother/Father, so not a problem. What has changed is the 'Privilege Pass' benefits - friends and other family... this has been suspended until further notice.
3) Company accommodation could be anywhere available... I started in Ain Khalid then moved to the Pearl. It's reasonably easy to move between company accommodation depending on where you want to move to... but not so easy moving out.