PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Siatica
Thread: Siatica
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2003, 19:16
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyin Dutch....
Thank you for your advice, received and understood.
I am not interested in bashing the NHS or any of its doctors only in getting the cause of my pain diagnosed and fixed.
I am sure you are correct that my appointment lasted longer than three min, it just seemed very brief.
I appreciated the time allocated per patient is short and serious cases do receive extra time and appointments do overrun.
My wife used to schedule this doctors and his partners appointment slots.
I will follow your advice and keep going back ask questions and be prepared to lock into any diagnostic trail available.
For your records neither the ostepath or the doctor requested a MRI scan.
The doctor did not say what I could expect in way of a cure or otherwise concerning the lump but I can have an unqualified guess if it is cancerous.
As stated the Doctor felt pain killers and rest was the way forward with the leg and he could well be correct as the pain is less now.
I think I was in error expect a positive diagnosis and a quick fix.
I was too aware of this doctors time restraints and the number of patients waiting to see him to feel I could ask any questions.
Following your advice I will in future have these questions ready and not feel rushed, however I had sort to avoid becomeing a clinic junkie and meeting my friends regularly for lunch after our weekly visit to the surgery as is the case around here.
I have no proffesional knowledge of medicine other than being on the receiving end.
The relative validity of the methods used or treatments used by the osteo vv the doctor?
Well both seemed not to fix my problem and neither seemed to know exactly what it was caused by.
As stated above neither asked for a MRI scan as several former sufferers here have strongly recommended.
Presently one has used needles on two appointments and the other prescribed rest and pain killers.
Luckily the pain is getting less and maybe both treatments were correct
However the gut feeling remains neither really knew.
I would like to shut up now thank you all for your helpful advice and for yours on how to proceed within the UK system.