PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Family Sues American Airlines After In-flight Death
Old 28th Apr 2018, 22:35
herman the crab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
The fact you were a paramedic was probably pivotal.....not everybody that offers their services has those specific skills.

That’s why I think it would be unwise to rush to criticise a crew simply on the basis they ignored a onboard doctor’s advice.
Indeed, the fact the airline involved had excellent onboard medical equipment helped. It was the second time I'd treated someone on one of their flights so knew what to expect. The crew had passed the information asked for accurately but the dr not seeing the patient didn't push for a better history or get that "oh f&$@ this guy is going to die" feeling as they met him!

Sh1t happens wherever you are, same could have happened on a river boat trip... We also aren't party to what the onboard dr actual explained to the crew. In my case I was told that the responsibility to divert wasn't mine to worry about but did I think we should continue. I explained my reasons why I thought we needed to be on the ground ASAP and was told that's all we need to hear.

HTC