PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2018, 22:07
newmaney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
The Jet2 statement said that San Javier airport will close at the end of November 2018!!! San Javier is convenient for the largely inbound tourist make up going to the coastal places close to MJV and Murcia. Corvera seems to be quite in land and for this reason I wouldn't be surprised if Alicante/Altet will pick up some of the traditional MJV bound pax...
I believe the plan is that San Javier should be fully closed by end of Jan 2019 (but this is Spain so who knows). I can't access the Jet2 Facebook page for information at the moment so cannot confirm this, but other people posting on various forums in this region who have seen the Jet2 Facebook page are saying that Jet2 will reduce the number of routes to the Murcia region from 4 to 2 (ie 4 routes went into MJV and only 2 will go into Corvera when it opens) and Jet2 will strengthen their presence at Alicante/El-Altet. A lot of people on the Southern Costa Blanca used MJV for convenience but Corvera is now further than travelling to Alicante/El-Altet.