PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2018, 12:06
Australopithecus

Received 82 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by No Idea Either
So if QF placed an order today, what would be the expected delivery time frame.

Like everything else: “It depends”. There are two primary choices with subset options. 1: The 777-8, smaller/farther and the -9, bigger/sub-sunrise* range.

2: A350 in its two iterations. If only those pesky RR engines weren’t the sole choice.

The order books for both types are heavily skewed to the ME3. The ME3 may all be in the cancellation risk zone for a variety of factors evident after a cursory search. Hint: Politics, pride, hubris, ineptitude, vanity, self-fascination, bluster, Dunning-Kruger effect, incandescent rage that there are fewer pilot applicants than MBa grads....etc. The usual litany of malfeasance that seems to bedevil airlines near and far.

* Sunrise project: Is it just me, or does anyone else think this idea is dumber than dog sh*t? Given that the planet's circumference seems to be 2.78 times longer than the average J class passenger's civility endurance. Y class? Fugedaboutit.

Assuming the ME3 don’t defer any deliveries, maybe late 2021 for an A350 and a trickle thereafter (cannot comment on simulator delivery).

777 may be 2022 with some cancellations

The earliest 330 hulls will be around 72,000 hrs in 2021. And time-ex three years later assuming there are no extended service goals in place. Its bad enough to contemplate getting too far beyond the original 60K service life let alone breaching the intermediate life limits.

There also is the A330neo. Anyone buying that stop-gap measure lacks either money or vision. So, maybe...yeah.

To spare Rated De the keystrokes: Qantas needs a new fleet

Last edited by Australopithecus; 28th Apr 2018 at 12:14. Reason: mo better words