PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado stick top info
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2018, 11:52
insty66

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayviator
Thanks for the additional info, i guess I really need to find out if ZA369 was a trainer, the form says GR4 and I have bene trying to find out more about that aircraft I cannot see anything about it being a trainer, wouldn't it be a GR4T? maybe they might just not give the full designation, I cant really find out much about the trainer variant i have type in Tornado GR4 trainer and cannot find any photos of them especially showing the cockpit.
I have a feeling even though the form says GR4 my stick is probably from when it was converted from a GR1 to GR4 thats why it was removed as there seems to be no faults with it on the form it just gives the reason for removal as Redunant followed by a MOD code.

IIRC the top button was PTT and side AP Engage on those stick tops. It was a long time ago and am happy to be corrected.

It could well have come from a GR4 as the first GR4 through MLU didn't have the HOTAS and other mods embodied.

I don't think there were that many non HOTAS GR4 so yours could be reasonably rare