PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8.33 Changes Help
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2018, 10:35
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8.33 Changes Help

Hello PPruners,

So last week, I was planning a flight from London to Leeds, and being one of those pilots who over-prepares rather than just go, I decided it was a good idea to have the frequencies of aerodromes en-route to hand. Just in case I needed to stop, or as it was supposed to be a nice sunny day, I expected high levels of traffic so thought it a good idea to listen in at busy aerodromes en-route, to add to my mental picture. I normally use a real chart, and then supplement it with Skydemon and Pooleys for notams / latest info etc... Although I expected my brand new 1:500k chart to already be out of date, I was quite surprised that Skydemon and Pooleys subscription had not yet updated its records to 8.33kHz channels, a few aerodromes that I know had changed to 8.33kHz were still listed as 25kHz.

I initially went on all the aerodrome's websites to look at their instructions, but it was very demanding, and time consuming to go to all these airfield's websites, especially if I didn't actively want to land there. I then found the AIP on NATS but it does say that it is only updated periodically, but they offer a CSV file (like Excel) with it updated weekly. I had already noticed a couple of missing aerodromes from the list... I thought that this was a really backwards way of us pilots finding out what frequency and when they were changing.

SO - I developed a very quick website with a simple search function, and you can see all the information from the AIP's CSV / additional information I have been given by other airfields not (yet?) listed. There is no advertising, and I don't want anything in return for it, but if you do see any inaccuracies, I would really appreciate it if people could let me know, so that I can update it. (I am relying on the UK CAA's CSV system to be up to date which I am not sure is at all reliable).

https://www.newfrequency.co.uk/

I hope this helps!
Alex90

Last edited by alex90; 1st May 2018 at 23:32. Reason: channels vs frequencies - sorry