PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, April 23, 2018!
Old 28th Apr 2018, 10:18
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IBobi
If you use the full desktop site on ipad, this will happen if you zoom.

Recommend either not zooming, not using ipad, or DO use the mobile-optimized skin.
The mobile-optimised skin is pretty grim on a large format tablet, as it seems optimised for smaller mobile devices, so is not, IMHO, a viable option for those of us who use such devices. I've just given up trying to get the forum to work on my large format tablet for this reason. My guess is that the same may apply to those using larger iPads.

My tablet browser (Firefox) is set to ignore the mobile versions of sites, because, without exception, they don't look good or work properly on a big screen. The big screen version of this forum used to work fine on my tablet until the upgrade, but now suffers from text in posts that is very hard to read. I'm currently typing this on a PC with a 24" screen and the text size in posts is pretty damned small, too, and my near-vision is pretty damned good!

I've just done a comparison with a Word document loaded at full screen, and the text size in this box I'm typing in is roughly midway between 8 point and 9 point, which is pretty damned small. Around 10 to 11 point is about my preferred text size, accepting that there may be a scaling factor involved with differing screen resolutions.