PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOFTWARE UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin, April 23, 2018!
Old 27th Apr 2018, 16:49
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by S'land
The new system on the desktop version is slower to load, has an annoying moving header and equally annoying scroll down pages. I seems that everything has to wait for the advertising to load before one can see the posts.

The smartphone version is a complete waste of time. I have spent two days trying to get into the system – all to no avail. There does not seem to be a way of signing into the system on my android.

I agree with some of the earlier posters – if something is not broken, why fix it.
Some of the tips already given help a bit. Sadly, the slow page loading problem seems to be, at least partly, because of the way the site now handles and places ads, so the only real fix right now is to install an adblocker to your browser. I don't like suggesting this, as it's ads that pay for this forum, but it really seems to be the only way for some of us to get reasonably fast page loads, without things hanging up.

Some of the other suggestions that work well are to disable infinite scrolling (which seems to fix the problem with overlapping header text, at least on a desktop machine) and to change the default style to ClassicNextGen, which seems a bit easier on the eye, but doesn't have a very high contrast ratio.

I can't find a fix for the font size issues, other than zooming the whole page in or out, which isn't really practical. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to set the main text font size to be a little larger, or decrease the font sizes of the header stuff, and it would be nice to try and get a bit better contrast.