PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 landing on centerline
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2018, 10:55
Silver Wing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
Oh please. I'm not into nitpicking. Get a life. I used to fly with a captain who flew takeoffs with dung, dung, dung, dung.....i.e. hitting all the centreline lights. You think that's a good idea. If the outside of the left nose wheel touches the outside of the paint on the right side of the centreline, then I'm satisfied I'm on the centreline. I've watched too any F/O's, in sim & a/c, who try to line up the centreline with their left knee. They are at least 2m minimum, often worse, off the centreline right side. KISS.

In the simulator, every observer sees the exact same image when looking out of the front window. So if the nosewheel is positioned exactly on the centerline both pilots will see the centerline running between their legs.

In the real aircraft the captain and FO don’t see the same image. If the nosewheel is on centerline the capt will be positioned slightly left and the FO slightly right. That means that if an FO uses his normal technique of landing with the centerline touching his left leg in the simulator, you as the captain will also see it going through your left leg. So it will look to you as if he landed way right of centerline while from his perspective everything looks normal.