PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 27th Apr 2018, 08:52
Porcellino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, I got a lot of help from the group so I'll like to give some feedback even though it has been said over and over.
I already said the dates I got emails and calls so I'll go directly to what's important
Started at 0800, 8 people in the morning group . We were met by a really funny interviewer that quickly helped to ease the nerves of all the presents.
We were paired with the person next to us on the table and it didn't mind what type you did your MCC.
Some people started with Sim, other with the interview
From my personal feedback and most of the people there, Interviews were very relaxed, a little bit of chit chat, and then a few questions. It was never something serious bombarding with questions.
Technicals were from what's CB, how storms form, what are flaps and slats, seats on the 737, explain take off segments, everything that has been mentioned before. I will like to mention that they will dig in the questions. They want to check that you know the answers and not only remember the answer for x question. At the same time they will help you and guide you to it.
Sim was Liverpool chart, one person standard departure the second a no standard.
It happens all very quick, take off, then radar vectors for turns, climbing descending and acceleration deceleration. Then heading towards the beacon you'll have an emergency, sim freezes, app briefing atc dodar and nits while frozen, then they will reposition the aircraft near the approach.

I had a prep with Upilot, and I personally would recommend them, yes, I found the yoke hard to control but if you can do that, you'll nail the sim. Anyway they are upgrading the sim currently so people can't say a thing about the yoke not being good now. They were very helpful with everything and it's worth every cent.
Got the job and will be starting 11th of June in East Midlands for introduction week.

Feel free to contact me for more info, and best of luck to everyone!