PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New look PPRuNe
Thread: New look PPRuNe
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2018, 23:35
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
After a few days using the new format PPRune, I feel I must be missing something. It works fine for me; it's as fast as it was before, pages load instantly, and I'm sorry, but I really can't find too much wrong with it. But then my requirements are simple, and by no means am I a 'power user'. I've only used it on my W7 desktop. My primary browser is Firefox, but I have sampled it using Chrome - my reaction there is essentially the same. Advertisements? Well there is a fix for that, and I've using it for years in Firefox. I do see the ads in Chrome but I can't really complain about their placement or frequency.

Normally I'm very reluctant to find much good about software revisions which come my way. Perhaps I'm missing something. Perhaps I'll find the problems others report when I get out the laptop or fire up the amateur radio computers. But for the present anyway, it ticks the boxes for me.

Thanks to the mods and the others behind the screens who are working on the reported issues .

FOR
PS. Please be careful in even thinking about incorporating a "like" button. That probably means there will have to be a "dislike" button too. This could in time turn the site into the sort of punchup which happens on many Facebook type sites where things go off the rails very quickly. This board style site has a lot going for it.