PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New look PPRuNe
Thread: New look PPRuNe
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2018, 18:05
IBobi
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VP959
There is definitely a problem with scripts hanging on some pages. I've just sat for thirty seconds of so watching the page try to load then gave up. A quick look showed that it was a script hanging. There seem to be major issues with embedding things in posts too, with big blank spaces where people have supposedly posted things like links to photos or YouTube videos.

The text sizes seem to be all over the place too. Some devices are showing the pages with overlapping text, making things unreadable, others are either defaulting to a very tiny font size (can be manually fixed by zooming the browser, but a PITA) or an overly large font size, again which can be fixed by zooming the browser out.

It looks like there are some bugs in the display side of the new upgrade that need some fine tuning to get a consistent look across all devices/browsers, I think, plus a fix is needed for the stuff that no longer shows up in posts, although does if the post is quoted. Probably teething troubles from the upgrade that will hopefully get sorted as soon as the causes are found and the settings tweaked accordingly.

FWIW the forum does seem to look a LOT better on a Linux box than it does on either a Windows PC or an iPad. On the latter it's pretty close to being unusable, doesn't bother me as I don't use one, but I did a quick check with my wife's iPad last night and there are definitely serious issues with overlapping text etc. I've yet to check it with my tablet, which runs LineageOS, but expect it'll be OK on that, as it's essentially Linux underneath it all.
I'll see if anything can be done about the long page loads.

If you can link me to a post where there are blank spaces that should be videos, or photos, it would help, thank you.

RE: overlapping text, same -- please post a screen shot/link as I am not seeing this behavior. PLEASE NOTE: if you are using a mobile device with the full desktop version of the site, you will see some small text/inconsistencies. The mobile skin is optimized for mobile devices and we highly recommend using it.