PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non Standard communication
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2018, 11:30
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killaroo I hear you. I totally agree with you. But the subject was about non standard communication. I never picked an Fo because he was not saying things exactly by the books. Actually I never had any kind of arguments since I was released in June last year. I used to hate when captains will give me inputs every 2 seconds for anything I won’t do the way he wants things to be done. For me, as long as I can undestand what my colleague is saying, that’s good enough for me. I remember as an Fo, I reported « Pin in sight » and the captain got pissed off at me cause I did not say « SAFETY Pin in sight » Lol. So annoying. And yes he was one of the guys always nervous while flying.
But you have to admit that guys doing the checklist by memory is disrespectful or the ones who have been flying for a decade and still does not know how to properly read a checklist that’s kinda amazing. Just saying it here, but never bullied anyone about it. I let the instructors do that. If one thing I learned when I was an Fo is not to do the same annoying things that captains do to the Fos. I could also write a book about it. xD