PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty Free Not So Free as of May 1
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2018, 11:01
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MM

Whilst agreeing with some of your points, I too find it rather sad that your time spent here is merely facilitating wealth accumulation rather than taking a few of the positives that Dubai can offer.

What you fail to grasp is that without people embracing new opportunities, Dubai would not be what it is today and EK would be a shadow of it's current self. Some of our colleagues have done extremely well financially through property. For those planning on 15 years plus in Dubai, I'd say you'd be foolish NOT to invest here. Ultimately, it's horses for courses and your rather derogatory and condescending comments to those that have bought into Dubai is more telling of your ignorance and unhappiness here than their 'foolishness'. I wonder how much pity THEY must have when they return to their private villas with pools and landscaped gardens after visiting you in Meydan.

Ironically, having left a now defunct Company, I'd have thought your employment here would be more positive than your posts portray. Not for one minute though would I imply the term grateful. I'm sure your professional services here our far more of an advantage to your employer than their employment is to you? Which does then beg the question, why ARE you still here? With absolutely no financial obligations or emotional attachment to Dubai, 'and by extension EK', I'd have thought you'd have left almost as soon as you arrived.

Maybe the thought of not sending morse to our Indian friends on 121.5 keeps you here?

Harry