PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 23:18
ADawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HILFIGER-TOMMY
And here i am on the hold for 18months with 2000hrs plus multi time. Hearing that they are now taking LVL 1&2 trainees. Go figure. No one wants to sit around waiting that long. Taken on other job in mean time. Will be interesting if they ring. If at all. I'm wondering how many people there are with hours like myself.
Before the sim ride we were told as a group they were particularly looking for very experienced people as they had a lot of freshly minted skippers and therefore wanted people to hit the ground running. They also said the feedback from the training captains were a lot of new first officers had poor instrument flying skills and therefore they prefer solid IFR experience.

From my group they knocked back people with considerable multi IFR experience or put them on hold for eternity. People with 3-5000 hours. Two had experience on king airs or metros. Yet they have taken people with bare instrument ratings and less than 1000 hours.

So in a lot of cases they are hiring the complete opposite to what they say they want. The place is run like a government department. Don't waste your time with them.