PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another passenger goes berserk on Delta...
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 20:32
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we playing people or the ball?

Maybe I should have been more specific. Maybe what I should have written was that are some people whose medical condition, either mental or physical or personal attitude to others makes them unfit to travel with members of the public. It is not fair that transport staff or worse, members of the traveling public should be placed in physical danger. It is also not fair that airlines have to suffer the economic penalties for carrying such passengers. After all, those without anti-social medical problems have rights too!

And I am acutely aware that many people suffer from some form of mental illness during their lives. Fortunately, their condition even at the height of their illness is such that they do not represent a danger to others or themselves. They are therefore suitable for air transport, much like a someone suffering from acute dysentery. Is it reasonable that people unsuitable for public travel can ruin everybody else's journey?

Being confined in an aircraft with someone intent on damaging themselves or others is not a good place to be. Unless of course I've got that wrong as well and someone says its OK. And how should it be policed? Not a clue.

PM