PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty Free Not So Free as of May 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 16:46
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry,

How would you like your crow? Fried, boiled or raw?

Thanks for the vote of doubt. When will you learn that optimism is a dangerous thing in this place?

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
Wait for it Harry....have some faith in the downward trend!

I assume you can read so you might remember that the lifting of the ban was a TEMPORARY MEASURE as written by the company. No where was it ever written that this was rescinded permanently. You may also recall that the "R" in PPRUNE stands for "rumour", would you agree with that Mr. Cod?

If I recall correctly, your country of birth allows for 1 litre of spirts or 2 bottles of wine duty free, much the same as mine, but we don't complain there, why is that? Booze and smoke are a big source of tax in most western countries so why not here? Start small with crew then slowly restrict passengers over time. Seems logical for any country looking for additional revenue. You strike me as a logical thinker Harold, I thought you of all people would support the masters on this one!

Its coming, its not a rumour and no, I won't reveal my sources. The target date is May although I suspect it might come a little later, lets see how it plays out with the religious holidays approaching.

Enjoy your duty free cola!