PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 07:18
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes,the Jet2 Summer`19 for STN is looked forward to...

It will be interesting though as only earlier in the month they announced an extra 50k seats for this Summer (for 10 frames) & an extra 40k seats for this Winter...

I`ve lost track partly with all the other base announcements recently how the B738 allocation & distribution is progressing & how many more frames from Boeing are to be delivered,notwithstanding the extra 2nd hand airframes also being acquired this year...

The 2nd hand frames are at present allocated to Northern bases whilst the STN base has been exclusively new machines...

I note that capacity is being upped evidently at MAN partly through the allocation there of another A330 ...

Whilst not obviously expecting that kind of uplift it will be interesting to see if EXS expand their arrangement with AWC for A321`s at least for the STN base next year...
& is due to go from I to 2 here anyway this Summer...

AWC are acquiring 2 extra 321`s allocated to EZY in Germany in the first instance but AWC are astute enough to look beyond one contract & do not take airframes on charge lightly...

Not wishing to strike a morbid note but having the flexibility of now their own base in progress at STN at least 2 EXS medical diversions have taken practical advantage with flights enroute the Northern bases...