PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrius engine 15yr life limit rescinded
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 21:11
toptobottom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And TM will find something. Guaranteed.

Not quite fair actually. My 120 engine, having previously had its 15 year calendar inspection extended by 2 years, recently went down to Fareham. I asked Safran if I could visit and view my engine while it was in bits and I was quickly extended an invitation.
I was warmly greeted on arrival and first given a tour of the facility, which included being introduced to the technician who was working on my engine. He showed me each serviceable and non-serviceable component; I was expecting to be told that anything in less than perfect condition would need to be replaced. The reality however, was very different. The team at Safran was very pragmatic and apart from a T4 harness and manifold nozzles (due imminently anyway), no other parts were necessary. My total bill was around 80k euro. A fellow 120 owner had been through the same process a few weeks previously and had nothing more to pay (the fixed price for him was 70k euro; it went up to 72.5k euro for me, which will be the price for all 2F 15 yr inspections).
I was very impressed with everyone I met at Safran, who were both helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble and a potential engine issue post re-installation was immediately jumped on by the guys who worked on my engine, incase it was something to do with them (it wasn't).
At 72.5k for a few bearings and seals, it's still a very expensive, but don't presume that it's an opportunity for the owner/operator to be ripped off, as nothing is further from the truth.