PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIP off Jet 1 Fuel at Haverfordwest
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 18:31
Tailboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIP off Jet 1 Fuel at Haverfordwest

Landed at Haverfordwest yesterday for some Jet 1, in fairness they did tell me after I said I was inbound that I’d have to pay a call out fee as they don’t supply Jet 1 on the weekend but by that time I didn’t have much of a choice.
I Fuelled the 109 full filling the auxiliary too, went to pay the bill and just couldn’t believe how much, total bill £823.00 !!! , a massive £225.00 call out fee to the council plus a £50.00 landing fee, I found this call out charge amazing as the ground crew appeared within minutes, so I don’t know where they were called out from, not far is my guess as they had just fuelled another 109 in front of me who also had to pay the call out fee, what a rip off !
I’d wanted to fuel in Pembrey and had called them on route to Tenby for a Basic and to enquire about calling in for fuel, a few minutes after they had told me that they had Jet 1 they called me back to state that any fuel was cash only !!!!
It’s like living in the dark ages down here, like I’m just flying around with £800.00 cash in my pocket at any time, between Pembrey and Haverfordwest they don’t deserve any business