PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAN Base
Thread: MAN Base
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 15:39
Flightlevel001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- The constant yelling at passengers to take liquids out, belts off, laptops and iPads out, jackets off BEFORE getting to the trays. How many pairs of hands do you think I have, or shall I kick it along the floor?

- Aggressive, confrontational staff that seem to want to start an argument with anyone unfortunate enough to pass through the system

- X-ray machine operators that appear to send an unmanageable amount of bags aside for further searching by the above staff (operating at snail's pace) - never seems to happen anywhere near as often at other airports

- In T3 I've never seen more than 2, possibly 3 lanes open, despite there being many more of these expensive scanners sat there doing nothing.

There's no point in questioning anything either - like trying to reason with a nightclub doorman! I truly hope that once the new terminal building is done and dusted, the security process is improved markedly, as it's a miserable start to any journey from MAN at the moment and has definitely got worse. An airy and modern environment with new equipment might inspire the staff that work there to improve their customer service too, here's hoping. I notice that they don't have any of those little instant feedback smiley/unhappy face buttons on the way out of security either... hmm.

Add that to the list along with the car park saga, poorly laid out terminals, the stained concrete buildings falling apart and every entrance being wafted with cigarette smoke, it's glorious. At least they are addressing it finally. Roll on 2 year's time!