PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lifting Nosewheel on T/O - Why So?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 07:47
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Hi TT! Glad to hear that you're enjoying life sipping chilled rosé in the sun - are you coming over for a TBs again session soon?

At least in later years Nav Flt Svcs at Group were able to produce RTOGs for unfamiliar aerodromes and fax them over quite quickly, although the print quality was often rather poor. Full ODM calcs weren't much fun and I didn't envy anyone having to do that when up against a tight RV time!

Wasn't there was some nonsense in the early days of the C1K concerning aircraft libraries as they didn't routinely carry RTOGs, except in the route bags for the trip? I recall taking a C1K to Leuchars doing a K:C pilot conversion trip only to find that the shinies didn't carry any RTOGs for Leuchars... I think we ended up using VC10K balanced field figures, but being very light performance was hardly an issue, particularly on the easterly runway.

Guinness? I have an aversion to that, except for cooking. My own fault; in 1973 having been at the UAS Annual Dinner at the Piccadilly Hotel, involving plenty of G&T beforehand, much vino during the meal and a hip flask of Glenfiddich having successfully given my speech, it was back to the UAS bar for a few beers....and at around midnight it seemed the ideal time to try Guinness for the first time . It lasted 29 seconds - whereas it took 28 to reach trap one from the bar.... Ever since then I haven't been able to drink it!