PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 02:20
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Killaroo
Mate, no offence, but you need to cop on - the good old days are over. It’s not PILOTS who are under cutting your contract. It’s a new business model called Low Cost Carriers that have done that. No point whinging at the pilots forced to accept the ****ty deal on offer. For many of them it’s this or nothing.

If you think you can roll back the evolution of the industry be my guest, good luck to you.

Well it could be a long conversation.

Now I was chatting with a few LCC pilots at immigration in KL the other day. Maybe Lion or Malindo. They said the money on offer with HKG LCC's was aplenty for Asian people. This was both the Capt and F/O.

So people are accepting the pay without professional due diligence. As evidenced above.

You are existing in Hong Kong. You are not paid enough to have a life. You are complaining about public transport and population density because you are not paid enough to have a car or cars nor live in comfort. You complain about the local language, because you are not paid enough to integrate. You can't afford middle class local friends because you aren't paid enough to entertain or do the abundance of entertaining things this city has to offer.

It makes me furious. My boss tells me I'm overpaid because of the conditions your colleagues are accepting. I like Hong Kong. I like my life. I come on here and see the low cost guys living in sorrow like local van drivers. Go ! It seems a pitiful existence living in Tung Chung- and what if you or family get sick in this town? Surely you'd be either ruined or denied suitable care.