PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Move
Thread: Next Move
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2018, 21:27
plikee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took me over 3 years to get my 1st job. Didn't get a single interview until then. Similiar situation to you, 1st passes in everything with an average above 90% and a degree with distinction in aviation in my bag, big difference was my age, I was 26. Did my training in a small flight school in Portugal (read: I didn't pay £120000 for my training). Never considered P2F due to no guarantees and the insane amount of money asked. Considered flight instruction however if then I had to pay for a rating to get my job after, just couldn't do it so put that on stand-by too. Moved countries to save money for hour building in general aviation. Found a job as aircraft dispatcher. Made contacts and got valuable info and finally an interview appeared.

Don't ever give up. Keep your ratings current, this is a MUST. No-one will hire you with your ME/IR expired, not even look at your CV. Think ahead and save the money for that instead of spending it on silly things like watches, cars, holidays. After 6 years, still got people from my course looking for a job. Some of them gave up, others just haven't been lucky yet. 6 months is nothing if you haven't heard anything. Consider general aviation jobs as well, not only jets. Good luck and keep your head up!