PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lifting Nosewheel on T/O - Why So?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2018, 19:40
Tengah Type

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Vascodegama.

Thanks for the endorsement that I have not (yet) lost all my faculties. However, down here it is normally chilled Rose rather than Vin rouge, due to the sun and high temperatures. At the moment I am sipping chilled Guinness. I have just returned from a trip to Spain with a couple of cases. Unfortunately I was not able to organise a tanker!

Chris Scott

The RAF had the VC10CMk1, which was the new aircraft for 10 Sqn. These were a Hybrid with Standard (ie short) body and Super wings. These had the ODMs for the type. When we acquired the Tanker aircraft we had old BOAC/Gulf Air Standards as K2s and Old East African Airways Supers as K3s. All the aircraft had the same standardised engines.

The Tanker ODMs were produced to different standards to the original RAF VC10 C1s, and did not cover the same operating limits (more limiting) as it was not envisaged that we would operate worldwide, thereby saving a couple of quid in their production.

The ODM was produced for the K2(Standard) with fiddle factors to be applied to the K3. The K4(Ex BA Supers) had the same performance as the K3s.

We had Regulated TakeOff Graphs(RTOGs) produced, for the various types,
at selected airfields as well as Balanced Field Graphs you could use if Max TOW was not a problem.

If you had to operate at MTOW from an airfield that was not in the book of RTOGS it was back to struggling with the ODM.