PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2018, 18:21
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well Buitenzorg,
I fly a helicopter from a different manufacture, so I donīt know, what Agusta programmed into their helicopter, but I think/hope, they have general a same approach to safety.
On our helicopter there is a safeguard in the trainingsoftware:
If, during OEI training mode operation, the RPM decreases down to 91% NR, or to 12% below nominal NR, the training mode is automatically deactivated. The rotorspeed is increased to its nominal (reference) value in a controlled manner while the torque of the engines is limited to an acceptable level (approximately 2x 95%), in order to avoid excessive torque and rotorspeed overshoots.
So in case the **** hits the fan you get the chance to use the tin to save your ass ;-)
Unfortunatly you can actually proceed an overtorque recording with the training switch active - cause TQ values permitted vary with speed...
If you pull the permitted OEI 30 sec TQ above Vy+10 for more than 12 seconds, you have to report to the boss ;-)
(By passing Vy you should already have reduced to 2 min TQ - but with a fast accelerating helicopter and in the heat of the training........)