PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former USN F-18 Pilot Tammie Jo Shults - Captain Southwest Flight 1830
Old 21st Apr 2018, 09:51
Bob Viking

Received 554 Likes on 152 Posts
Equality. What’s that then?

It’s funny isn’t it? If I came on here and said that, when I compare all the students I have taught over the years, I thought the males were better than the females I’d be lambasted for it.

I don’t by the way. I view everyone as a student and really couldn’t care less what gender/colour/sexual orientation they are.

When people try too hard to be seen to hold women (insert any other minority group here and it’d be the same outcome) on a pedestal I think it looks even more desperate than if we all just shut up about it and got on with life.

I honestly believe we will not have true equality until we just accept that everyone is different but if we treat them fairly (not necessarily equally) then it is the best for everyone. Recruitment targets etc just make things worse. But then I would say that wouldn’t I? I’m a white male.

Have you seen the picture of the kids watching a football game and the fence is in the way? I think it illustrates the point perfectly.

Standing by to be accused of misogyny/homophobia/racism from the usual suspects.

BV

PS. I think the crew did a great job and I don’t have any problem with the Captain getting the recognition she deserves. Good on her.