PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Move
Thread: Next Move
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2018, 08:58
itchybumba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there zulu zulu alpha,

Re Eaglejet no i havent. I dont have that type of money and to to be honest am going to try to avoid p2f as i dont agree with the ethics of it.

If i am still here saying the same things in 10 years then maybe my view on that will be different ;-)

I am not sure if i am happy or sad that there are loads of us in the same boat. On 1 hand its great that i am not alone, but if there were less of us in this boat then i would fancy my chances more of getting out of it!!

Congrats with sticking at it and doing the FI rating though. I am sure the hours, contacts and experience you build through that will eventually lead you to where you want be. It seems like in doing that you have decided to try to make your own luck, which is exactly what i am considering now!

I was also talking to someone recently about rates of pay for a a multi engine ir instructor - a decent salary i thought and 1 that would certainly continue to put food on the table and a roof over the familys head . I presume that your day job pays ok so maybe try to get the required solo mep hours (i have seen mep wet rental for as 'low' as 225 an hour!!) and look into more instructor ratings to boost the earning potential..... plus multi engine time surely is a much bigger plus for the airlines and corporate markets. The guy i was speaking to was an instructor at a flight school who are currently recruiting and he said its hard to find mep ir instructors and as such, if they find a suitable candidate with the multi engine time they would be happy to do a bonding arrangement for the ratings themselves.

I should also state i knew what i was getting into. The job hunt and associated difficulties came as no surprise having been an avid reader of pprune since 2007. But i always kidded myself into the belief that i would be happy in having completed my ambition of being a cpl holder....and that i could always say i tried rather than i wish i had tried. However, having finally done what i have always dreamed about and got to fly loads to get the license, it has made me realise that career wise there is nothing else that will bring me professional satisfaction - i was born to fly and some of the most happy times of my life have been spent in little aeroplanes!!

Last edited by itchybumba; 21st Apr 2018 at 09:22.