PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff travel
Thread: Staff travel
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2018, 06:53
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The disrespect management shows towards their pilots began in the early nineties and then gathered steam, like a runaway train. In every cut to pay, rostering, or conditions, management’s attitude was that pilots were a dime a dozen, easy to recruit, and that we should thank them...show them gratitude for the privilege of working for them.

I used to boast about our airline and our conditions: Things like pay, profit share, travel fund, or 13th month bonus. None of those exist anymore and it’s just embarrassing to compare such things as staff travel, rostering rules, pay, or first world labour protections when discussing airline issues with friends who, unlike me, wisely joined a legacy carrier. In fact, I avoid bringing up any of these topics. Instead, I try to stear conversation to things like the weather, the kids, sports, anything but work.

Even now, I fear our paper-pushers still don’t get it. They’ve gotten away with abusive behavior for such a long period of time and simply will not let go of the attitude that it is us who are the problem.

Such a sad story.

Last edited by raven11; 21st Apr 2018 at 07:03.